Year 7 Curriculum Pack
The ESSENTIAL Curriculum Pack contains a daily timetable for all the following subjects:
- English: The English component aims to excite and motivate parents and students by making learning relevant and supporting parents. Addressing key concerns raised in recent Ofsted reports as well as meeting the needs of the new KS3 National Curriculum, the Student Books are structured around thematic units that cover a variety of forms as well as including unique immersive production based-units. The English has a core focus on engaging students by connecting their skill development, through the theme of the unit, with Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening skills used in a range of relevant and interesting jobs in the outside world.
- Maths: Sequences, functions and symbols; place value and ordering; perimeter, area and 3D shapes; fractions, decimals and percentages; statistical skills; expressions, formulae and brackets; angles, shapes and coordinates; applying statistical skills; calculating and measuring; general terms and linear graphs; properties of triangles and quadrilaterals; percentage, ratio and proportion; linear equations; transformations; analysing statistics and probability; multiples, fractions, primes and powers; equations, functions and graphs; exploring polygons and nets.
- Science: Biology (Cells; Structure and function of Body Systems; Reproduction); Chemistry (Particles and their Behaviour; Elements, Atoms and Compounds; Reactions; Acids and Alkalis); Physics (Forces; Sound; Light; Space).
- ICT: As an optional extra, available at 3 different levels. See here for details.
The COMPLETE Curriculum Pack, as well as the above, contains a daily timetable for the following subjects.
- History: The Norman invasion of Britain (1066) to the End of the Wars of the Roses (1509).
- Geography: The geological history of the Earth; maps and mapping; the United Kingdom; Erosion by glaciers; Rivers; Africa: A study of the Horn of Africa.
The ENHANCED Curriculum Pack for Year 7 also has the following resources:
- Multi-media Shakespeare component: to support English
- Art: Developing a range of artistic techniques
- Music: Classical music
- Cookery: Aimed at your child becoming an independent cook, with a range of healthy meals
[Note: Pack contents may differ from those illustrated because we continuously strive to improve all our products]
Click below to see samples of Year 7 Pack English, Maths and Science work:
Whichever type of pack you buy, you can choose between Year 6, Year 7 and Year 8 for English, for Maths and for Science.