Year 3 Curriculum Pack
The ESSENTIAL Curriculum Pack contains a daily timetable for all the following subjects:
- English: The English scheme uses a variety of international fiction, non-fiction and poetry texts as the basis for activities which promote creativity and critical thinking. Comprehension, grammar and punctuation, phonics, spelling and vocabulary are developed through integrated tasks with the unit text.
- Maths: Three levels of ability are covered in each unit. your child will have support or extension material in every lesson. Answer book included.
- Science: Plants; Healthy Eating; Skeletons; Rocks and Soils; Light; Forces and Magnets.
- ICT: As an optional extra, available at 5 different levels. See here for details.
The COMPLETE Curriculum Pack, as well as the above, contains a daily timetable for the following subjects (except Art).
- History: We recommend two History components for Year 3. If you follow our recommendations throughout Key Stage 2 (that is, from Year 3 to Year 6)
your child will have covered all the History required by the National Curriculum in England. You may make different choices for these two components by clicking
on the drop-down boxes on the order form. Whatever you choose for these two components, they are both included in the price for the Pack. You may wish to add a
third History component to your Pack by choosing from the third drop-down box. If you do choose a third component this will be charged extra as indicated.
Click here for more information about Key Stage 2 History options.
- Geography: Village life around the world; Weather around the world; My environment; Communications with the world; What's in the news?; the United Kingdom.
- Art: Skills in drawing and painting.
The ENHANCED Curriculum Pack for Year 3 also has the following resources:
- An encyclopedia
- A book of Science experiments: using household equipment
- Music on CD
- Cookery: a range of recipes suitable for Year 3
Click below to see samples of Year 3 Pack English, Maths and Science work:
Whichever type of pack you buy, you can choose between Year 2, Year 3 and Year 4 for English, for Maths and for Science.