Year 2 Curriculum Pack
The ESSENTIAL Curriculum Pack contains a daily timetable for all the following subjects:
- English: The English scheme uses a variety of international fiction, non-fiction and poetry texts as the basis for activities which promote creativity and critical thinking. Comprehension, grammar and punctuation, phonics, spelling and vocabulary are developed through integrated tasks with the unit text.
- Maths: A CD-ROM with printable worksheets and three levels of ability for each unit. The work closely follows the Maths framework incorporating strategies for mental arithmetic and problem-solving.
- Science: Living things; lifecycles; properties of materials.
- ICT: As an optional extra, available at 5 different levels. See here for details.
The COMPLETE Curriculum Pack, as well as the above, contains a daily timetable for the following subjects (except Art).
- History: The Great Fire of London; the Olympics; the coronation of Elizabeth II; the Gunplowder Plot.
- Geography: Continents, countries, seas and oceans; islands, the seaside; globes and maps; China; climate; the United Kingdom.
- Art: Skills in drawing and painting.
The ENHANCED Curriculum Pack for Year 2 also has:
- Experimental Science: Reinforcing scientific skills using household equipment. Enhanced pack only
- Cookery: Cooking skills. Enhanced pack only
- Music: Fairy tales through classical music. Enhanced pack only
- Internet-linked encyclopedia. Enhanced pack only
Click below to see samples of Year 2 Pack English, Maths and Science work:
Whichever type of pack you buy, you can choose between Year 1, Year 2 and Year 3 for English, for Maths and for Science.